Arts Enterprise blends the arts & business to enrich the lives of thinkers and doers. We pursue entrepreneurship, education and community engagement to enable students to implement creative ideas, developing a community of passionate leaders.



Wednesday, November 17, 2010

AE's Dream Gathering


Last night's meeting was awesome! Thanks to everyone who participated in our Dream Gathering!

We wrote down our dreams on pieces of paper, placed them in a bowl, drew each other’s dreams, read them out load, & guessed who those dreams belonged to.

It was an incredibly inspiring experience. I dream every day but I don’t write them all down. My vision for myself is to be creative, active, entrepreneurial, and loving. Articulating that visual into specific dreams was a challenge. I want to make this a habit so that my pursuits become more purposeful. The variety of dreams in the room was fascinating and the similarity between our dreams was encouraging. Hearing other people’s dreams reminded of my own and made me think of new ones. It also made me realize that dreams can’t be reached alone. I am capable of helping someone else reach their dream, which is a dream of mine. And I know I won’t be climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro alone, I’ll be needing help with that!

I would recommend that everyone attend The University’s Big Dream Gathering Friday, November 19 at the Levitt Center from 5:30-8 p.m. (Come and go).

-Lauren Bevineau

Photo Cred: Kalle Kataila

No comments:

Post a Comment